Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chong Yu Meng <ch...@cymulacrum.net> on 2003/05/18 04:57:09 UTC

[Solved!] : Apache 2 + Tomcat 4.1.24 + mod_jk2

Thanks John, Rueedi and Mark ! You guys are the greatest !

As of 10 minutes ago, I finally got Apache 2 and Tomcat running properly
with mod_jk2. I found the reason for Apache 2 and mod_jk2 timing out the
first time I accessed servlets/jsps after startup -- the load balancer !
The rpm version of mod_jk2 contains sample jk2.properties and
workers2.properties files that define a different, more sophisticated
method of configuring the tomcat connector. It uses a load balancer and
a JNI connection, as opposed to the simpler configuration proposed in
Mark Egger's email. Unfortunately, the configuration did not work for
me, possibly because I was using :

a. a later Apache 2 rpm compared to the canonical 2.0.43
b. the binary distribution for Tomcat

Anyway, I initially kept the load balancer configuration, but found that
the connection timeout still occurred (an annoyance only, because
subsequent attempts to access servlets/JSPs went thru with no problems).
Deleting the load balancer entries solved the problem completely.

Now, I have to get to work updating my documentation ! :)

Thanks again and Warmest Regards,
pascal chong