Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2016/11/04 11:05:16 UTC

Telling UIMA-AS which classloader to use

Hi,

I have a scenario here where we are dynamically constructing a classloader with access to a UIMA component and its dependencies and then would like to start a UIMA-AS service for that component. However, we didn't find any obvious way to pass a classloader into into the service context of the UimaAsynchronousEngine.

It is possible to provide UIMA-AS with a classloader?

Best,

-- Richard

Re: Telling UIMA-AS which classloader to use

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
We were trying to write a Groovy program that uses the Groovy "grab" command
to dynamically acquire the Maven artifacts for a component and then to deploy
that component as a UIMA AS service. In our case, UIMA-AS was loaded using
the application classloader and then we loaded the components into separate
"child" classloaders.

We can probably find some solution or workaround for this - I was just wondering
if there was a way that I didn't find. If it causes us persisting problems, I'll
get back here.

Thanks!

-- Richard

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.