Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Guido Sohne <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2001/05/12 18:12:15 UTC

[hellish either]multiple JRE's with mod_jserv[or]bind catalina to single IP address[/either]

I have some Java code (no source available) that does not work with
JRE 1.2 or greater (it uses crypto APIs, which changed ...) - in order
to get it to work, I had to downgrade to JRE 1.1.8 - all was good.

Now I'm running Turbine (tdk 1.1a10) over Tomcat (Catalina) and have
a totally different web app running with no problems. This app, which
uses Turbine, requires JRE 1.2 or greater. So, I can't run it with
mod_jserv unless someone tells me how to use one JServ and multiple
JRE's with it.

The app running on the Tomcat server needs to
respond to a particular IP address, call it 10.0.0.12 - Apache is
already listening to 10.0.0.10 and 10.0.0.11 - If I can get Tomcat
to listen to port 80 on 10.0.0.12 - then I am set, done and finished.

But I can't get Tomcat to listen to only 10.0.0.12:80 - I tried

      <Connector
           className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
           port="80"
           inet="10.0.0.12"
           minProcessors="5"
           maxProcessors="75"
           acceptCount="10"
           debug="0" />

but in log files, I see

==> catalina_log.2001-05-12.txt <==
2001-05-12 08:55:47 HttpConnector[80] Opening server socket on all host
IP addresses

as well as

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0-dev
Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  HttpConnector[80].open:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
LifecycleException:  HttpConnector[80].open: java.net.BindException:
Address already in use
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.start(HttpConnector.java:883)

which means that, Tomcat is trying to open a port on another IP
address other than 10.0.0.12 - which does not have anything listening
at port 80.

So how can I get Tomcat to open a port 80 on 10.0.0.12 and leave
everything else alone ? If the solution requires using mod_jserv,
then let me know how to use multiple JRE's with jserv ...

http://auctions.yahoo.com/