Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Erik Forsberg <fo...@opera.com> on 2014/09/20 09:21:42 UTC

Restart joining node

Hi!

On the same subject as before - due to full disk during bootstrap, my
joining nodes are stuck. What's the correct procedure here, will a plain
restart of the node do the right thing, i.e. continue where bootstrap
stopped, or is it better to clean the data directories before new start of
daemon?

Regards,
\EF

Re: Restart joining node

Posted by Andy Losey <an...@addthis.com>.
You'll want to remove any contents from your data and shared directories and attempt the join from scratch. Though it never completed the bootstrap, make sure your other nodes agree that the node that failed to join is not present in the output of nodetool status. Once started, the node should stream all of the data it calculates it should have from the other nodes at this point and complete the bootstrap.

-AndyL