Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2010/09/08 20:27:07 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Avro release 1.4.0 (rc4)

+1 from me.  Tests pass, checksums and signatures are valid.

With that, we have 5 +1 votes, 3 binding, and no -1 votes.

I'll push this out to the mirrors and announce it.

Doug

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Avro release 1.4.0 (rc4)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
The patch looks good to me.  +1

The problem I think is that Ruby tries a reverse DNS lookup of the
server's IP address, which takes 10 seconds or so to fail.  I was able
to work around this by changing the server address in the script from
0.0.0.0 to 127.0.0.1, since my /etc/hosts has a localhost entry for
127.0.0.1.  So you might add such an entry to your hosts file and see if
that speeds this up for you too.  But the patch is still a good one,
since we shouldn't depend on folks having this configured.

Doug

Posted by Ryan King <ry...@twitter.com>.
I don't see your attachment.