Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@apache.org> on 2018/10/09 20:03:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Storm 2.0.0 (rc2)

This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Storm 2.0.0 (rc2)

Full list of changes in this release:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-2.0.0-rc2/RELEASE_NOTES.html

The tag/commit to be voted upon is v2.0.0:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=tree;h=f8d04910dc3fd14534c186232ecf7882d8916f67;hb=f8d04910dc3fd14534c186232ecf7882d8916f67

The source archive being voted upon can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-2.0.0-rc2/apache-storm-2.0.0-src.tar.gz

Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-2.0.0-rc2/

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=KEYS;hb=22b832708295fa2c15c4f3c70ac0d2bc6fded4bd

The Nexus staging repository for this release is:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestorm-1071

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Storm 2.0.0.

When voting, please list the actions taken to verify the release.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Storm 2.0.0
[ ]  0 No opinion

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

-Taylor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 2.0.0 (rc2)

Posted by Kishorkumar Patil <kp...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Yes, we need fix for security bug -  STORM-3251.

-Kishor

Posted by Derek Dagit <de...@oath.com.INVALID>.

--
Derek

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 2.0.0 (rc2)

Posted by Aaron Gresch <ag...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Sorry everyone.

I forgot that I had not reverted the 3.4.13 ZK upmerge.  We need to do that
before a 2.0 is released.  I'll do it right now.

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stig Rohde Døssing <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Bobby Evans <bo...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Kishorkumar Patil <kp...@oath.com.INVALID>.
+1  to release this package.

Re: [CANCELED] [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 2.0.0 (rc2)

Posted by Kishorkumar Patil <kp...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Agreed. We should deprecate repl and make STORM-3253 part of 2.0 RC.

-Kishor

Posted by Derek Dagit <de...@oath.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Kishorkumar Patil <kp...@oath.com.INVALID>.
We need to fix the possible  leaking of slot in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3254.
The patch is up https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2876
-Kishor

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@apache.org>.