Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Himanshu Rathore <hi...@zomato.com.INVALID> on 2021/03/23 18:27:11 UTC

When is the next release of Iceberg ?

We are planning for use Flink + Iceberg for syncing mysql binlog's via debezium and its seams of things are dependent on next release.

Re: When is the next release of Iceberg ?

Posted by Huadong Liu <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hi openinx,

With https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/2303 and a potential sequence number based fix for https://github.com/apache/iceberg/issues/2308, I don't see a harder blocker to test out row-level deletions. Please correct if anything else in https://github.com/apache/iceberg/milestone/4 is a must have.

Is it possible to separate flink+iceberg CDC changes and low-level deletions in future releases so that the community can have V2 earlier?

Thanks,
Huadong

Posted by OpenInx <op...@gmail.com>.
Hi Himanshu

If you want to try the flink + iceberg fo syncing mysql binlog to iceberg
table,  you might be interested in those PRs:

1. https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/2410
2. https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/2303

Posted by OpenInx <op...@gmail.com>.
Hi Himanshu