Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2009/08/02 03:42:14 UTC

Re: is there some ofbiz modules for hotel managmet and reservations

Hi Manuel,

Originally i designed the 'shared' ofbiz system (opentravelsystem.org)
based on ofbiz, also multi-tenant, for hosting travel agencies and
hotels for ecommerce. I stopped further developing it.
The Hotel PMS is a well established and conservative market currently
badly hit by the bad economy. I did several investigations and it will
be very difficult to market your system as a commercial product.

If you could make your product open source now you would have a much
better chance to succeed, even more when you would include it into ofbiz
as a special purpose component. Your company should specialize on the
installation and service to local Hotels and help others with the
implementation. If your extension is a special purpose component with
ofbiz you would have support from the OFBiz community and your
maintenance costs will be much lower. Further you will get support of
ofbiz experts in the further development and you can guarantee your
customers support from many companies. You still would have the most
knowledge about the system and give expert advice.

You could also consider implementing the opentravel standard as
published on opentravel.org. As far as i know there is not yet an open
source opentravel system.

I would like to offer you help to include it into ofbiz and that your
implementation agrees with the ofbiz standards.

please reconsider the marketing of your product.

Regards,
Hans

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates

Re: is there some ofbiz modules for hotel managmet and reservations

Posted by Anousak Souphavanh <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hans,

I realized you've done opentravel system based Ofbiz i tried to download new
Ofbiz version but it does't have Opentravel. Would you tell me whether this
system is still an Open Source, if so is there a way i can get a copy?
Please suggest. Thanks.

Anousak
Email:anousak@gmail.com <Em...@gmail.com>
Laos