Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org> on 2013/09/23 22:30:54 UTC

[WWW] Apache 404 handler

I notice a lot of dead links gives a horrible default error. Can we put a
more "design friendly" error handler for missing or outdated links. Also
add some Javascript to redirect back to homepage (or back page).

                <script type="text/javascript">
                        function delayer(){
                              window.location = "http://www.openoffice.org"
                         }
                </script>

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: [WWW] Apache 404 handler

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
We can do this with a custom 404 as well, and no JS needed.

Re: [WWW] Apache 404 handler

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

Re: [WWW] Apache 404 handler

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
I think that page can be work upon, I don't like the borders on a table,
this could be done on a more XHTML manners using div instead of tables, and
also get rid of the table borders.

Probably a better design, and more useful information like a link to the
site and a < GoBack() link.

Re: [WWW] Apache 404 handler

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: [WWW] Apache 404 handler