Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Ekaterina Davydenko <ed...@lanl.gov> on 2010/07/01 20:02:14 UTC

What file size maximum the server can handle?

Hi Norman,

I am testing our own application, but the larger file attachments in the
messages seem to crash server, which causes for the request not being
processed, mail not send/saved, and non-responding  server that requires
a restart.(I am literally trying to crash test for anything possible -
my attachment that crashes the server is 43MB)

So I am not sure, but seems like at least reasonable configuration
setting for James might be needed to limit the size of allowed messages,
so the server doesn't crash like that? Is there anything to support this
in James right now or is it something that client applications are
needing to consider in implementing?

Thanks,
Ekaterina Davydenko.

Re: What file size maximum the server can handle?

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Ekaterina,

could you tell us your version of james ? And what -Xmx you use ?

Thx,
Norman

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Ekaterina,

Posted by Max Levinson <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ekaterina,

I am not sure what version of James do you use, but in James 3 (built from
svn trunk) there is option in smtpserver.xml which is responsible for
maximum message size, hope it will help :)

<maxmessagesize>0</maxmessagesize>