Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jwberger <jw...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/07 20:58:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Issue with DirectoryIndex

I am having an issue with the DirectoryIndex. We have it set as
DirectoryIndex index.html  We have a site the runs at https://www.site.com.
When we hit that site as shown it comes up fine because there is an
index.html file there.  However, if we go further down to
http://www.site.com/tpg or http://www.site.com/tpg/docfiles/online either
with or without the ending /, we get a 404 error.  I have tried moving the
DirectoryIndex to different areas of the conf file but cannot get it to
work.  I know this is probably very basic, but I just cannot figure it out.
Thanks for any assistance.

John

Re: [users@httpd] Issue with DirectoryIndex

Posted by Toomas Aas <to...@raad.tartu.ee>.
Igor Cicimov wrote:

> 404 means "file not found" which means you don't have any index.html
> file in the other folders you try to access.

I think if this were the case they would get 403, or if Options Indexes is
enabled, the listing of the files in the directory.

> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 5:58 AM, jwberger <jwberger28@hotmail.com
> <ma...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     I am having an issue with the DirectoryIndex. We have it set as
>     DirectoryIndex index.html  We have a site the runs at
>     https://www.site.com.
>     When we hit that site as shown it comes up fine because there is an
>     index.html file there.  However, if we go further down to
>     http://www.site.com/tpg or http://www.site.com/tpg/docfiles/online
>     either
>     with or without the ending /, we get a 404 error.  I have tried
>     moving the
>     DirectoryIndex to different areas of the conf file but cannot get it to
>     work.  I know this is probably very basic, but I just cannot figure
>     it out.

Check the error log :)

--
Toomas Aas

... Top Secret! Burn before reading!

Re: [users@httpd] Issue with DirectoryIndex

Posted by jwberger <jw...@hotmail.com>.
Forgot to mention we are running 2.2.9 on Windows 2003.  We are also behind a
load balance switch.  So, technically users come in https and the lb switch
drops it down to the server running http port 8081.

John

Posted by jwberger <jw...@hotmail.com>.
I apologize for my lack of understanding.  Next time I will give version and
platform along with the full configuration in the future.  To answer you
question about the Weblogic stuff.  The mod_wl_22.so file came from my
Weblogic installation.  It is there proxy file.  Also the Location
information for Weblogic came from them too.

The only reason I have the IP address and port list is that I am running two
different sites on this box.  They are both running on the same IP but on
different ports.  I have each site running as a Windows service so I can
easily stop and restart the site.

I agree with you on the space in folders.  I do not like them either, but I
just went with the defaults.

Adding the new Location with the SetHandler to none worked.  Not really sure
where I got the test.  Most likely I misunderstood some information I read.
So, if I set the three locations /tpg, /Softwaredownloads and /focis to none
on the SetHandlers, do you think that might fix it?

John

Posted by jwberger <jw...@hotmail.com>.
In fact I pretty much went with defaults on where everything was located in
the configuration file.  So, the VirtualHost information was where it was
located to begin with.

John

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
jwberger wrote:
> [...]

own "default handler", that the DirectoryIndex directive will be
invoked.  In your case, Apache is not looking for anything, on disk or
elsewhere.  It is just passing the request to the module that you
indicated as the handler.

Do the following test :
Add a new section as follows :

<Location /tpg/indextest>
   SetHandler none
   DirectoryIndex index.html
</Location>

then make sure that you have a directory C:/Docs/tpg/indextest, and that
it contains an "index.html" file.
Then request http://hostname/tpg/indextest and see what happens.

Because this is a sub-location of /tpg, and /tpg is defined to use the
"test" handler (supposing it exists), we have to override this if we
want Apache to use its normal own code to provide the response for a URL
 From there the "SetHandler none".

Posted by jwberger <jw...@hotmail.com>.
I completely agree that it is most likely an issue with my config.  I am
pretty new to Apache.  Below is the complete config. I know I probably did
not do some things correctly, but it is working good for except for this one
thing that has just come up.

ServerRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2"

Listen 168.127.1.19:8081

LoadModule actions_module modules/mod_actions.so
LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so
LoadModule asis_module modules/mod_asis.so
LoadModule auth_basic_module modules/mod_auth_basic.so
#LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so
#LoadModule authn_alias_module modules/mod_authn_alias.so
#LoadModule authn_anon_module modules/mod_authn_anon.so
#LoadModule authn_dbd_module modules/mod_authn_dbd.so
#LoadModule authn_dbm_module modules/mod_authn_dbm.so
LoadModule authn_default_module modules/mod_authn_default.so
LoadModule authn_file_module modules/mod_authn_file.so
LoadModule authnz_ldap_module modules/mod_authnz_ldap.so
#LoadModule authz_dbm_module modules/mod_authz_dbm.so
LoadModule authz_default_module modules/mod_authz_default.so
LoadModule authz_groupfile_module modules/mod_authz_groupfile.so
LoadModule authz_host_module modules/mod_authz_host.so
#LoadModule authz_owner_module modules/mod_authz_owner.so
LoadModule authz_user_module modules/mod_authz_user.so
LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so
#LoadModule cache_module modules/mod_cache.so
#LoadModule cern_meta_module modules/mod_cern_meta.so
LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so
#LoadModule charset_lite_module modules/mod_charset_lite.so
#LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so
#LoadModule dav_fs_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so
#LoadModule dav_lock_module modules/mod_dav_lock.so
#LoadModule dbd_module modules/mod_dbd.so
#LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so
#LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so
#LoadModule dumpio_module modules/mod_dumpio.so
LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so
#LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so
#LoadModule ext_filter_module modules/mod_ext_filter.so
#LoadModule file_cache_module modules/mod_file_cache.so
#LoadModule filter_module modules/mod_filter.so
#LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
#LoadModule ident_module modules/mod_ident.so
#LoadModule imagemap_module modules/mod_imagemap.so
LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so
#LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so
LoadModule isapi_module modules/mod_isapi.so
LoadModule ldap_module modules/mod_ldap.so
#LoadModule logio_module modules/mod_logio.so
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
#LoadModule log_forensic_module modules/mod_log_forensic.so
#LoadModule mem_cache_module modules/mod_mem_cache.so
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
#LoadModule mime_magic_module modules/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so
#LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so
#LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so
#LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so
#LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
#LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
#LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
#LoadModule speling_module modules/mod_speling.so
#LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
#LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
#LoadModule substitute_module modules/mod_substitute.so
#LoadModule unique_id_module modules/mod_unique_id.so
#LoadModule userdir_module modules/mod_userdir.so
#LoadModule usertrack_module modules/mod_usertrack.so
#LoadModule version_module modules/mod_version.so
#LoadModule vhost_alias_module modules/mod_vhost_alias.so
LoadModule weblogic_module modules/mod_wl_22.so

<IfModule !mpm_netware_module>
<IfModule !mpm_winnt_module>

User daemon
Group daemon

</IfModule>
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_wl_22.so>
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
	KeepAliveEnabled ON
	KeepAliveSecs 30
	FileCaching OFF
</IfModule>

<Location /PartnersQueryService>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /Registration>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /TechPubs>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
	FileCaching OFF
</Location>

<Location /FNCOrderStatus>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /training>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /swreg>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.133.168:9040,168.127.133.167:9040
</Location>

<Location /services>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.133.168:9040,168.127.133.167:9040
</Location>

<Location /purchasing>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /PromoAdmin>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /Search>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /Portal>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /PartnersAdmin>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.133.168:9040,168.127.133.167:9040
</Location>

<Location /FncUtilsWeb>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /FncMailer>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /RmaRequest>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /FileRefWeb>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /proposals>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
	Debug OFF
#	WLLogFile c:/partner3-wl-proxy.log
        DebugConfigInfo OFF
	KeepAliveEnabled ON
	KeepAliveSecs 30
	FileCaching OFF
</Location>

<Location /SwUpgrade>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /SalesForceSSOWeb>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.136.85:9060
</Location>

<Location /CSRWeb>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.133.168:9040,168.127.133.167:9040
</Location>

<Location /Reseller>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.133.168:9040,168.127.133.167:9040
</Location>

<Location /NSOSKEYGENWeb>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.133.168:9040,168.127.133.167:9040
</Location>

<Location /netsmart2000keygenWeb>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.133.168:9040,168.127.133.167:9040
</Location>

<Location /PartnersSearch>
	SetHandler  weblogic-handler
	WebLogicCluster 168.127.133.168:9040,168.127.133.167:9040
</Location>

<Location /tpg>
	AuthType basic
	AuthBasicProvider ldap
	AuthName "Partners"
	SetHandler test
	Order deny,allow
	Deny from all
	Allow from all
#	AuthLDAPURL ldap://boris.fnc.net.local:389/o=directory1.fnc.fujitsu.com
	AuthLDAPURL
ldap://rchdmzldapd1.fnc.fujitsu.com:389/o=directory1.fnc.fujitsu.com
	AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
	Require valid-user
</Location>

<Location /SoftwareDownload>
	AuthType basic
	AuthBasicProvider ldap
	AuthName "Partners"
	SetHandler test
	Order deny,allow
	Deny from all
	Allow from all
#	AuthLDAPURL ldap://boris.fnc.net.local:389/o=directory1.fnc.fujitsu.com
	AuthLDAPURL
ldap://rchdmzldapd1.fnc.fujitsu.com:389/o=directory1.fnc.fujitsu.com
	AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
	Require valid-user
</Location>

<Location /focis>
[...]

<FilesMatch "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    Satisfy All
</FilesMatch>

LogLevel warn

<IfModule log_config_module>

    LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
combined
    LogFormat "%{clientip}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" common

    <IfModule logio_module>
      # You need to enable mod_logio.c to use %I and %O
      LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\" %I %O" combinedio
    </IfModule>

    CustomLog "logs/access.log" common

</IfModule>

<IfModule alias_module>

    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin/"

</IfModule>

<IfModule cgid_module>
    #
    # ScriptSock: On threaded servers, designate the path to the UNIX
    # socket used to communicate with the CGI daemon of mod_cgid.
    #
    #Scriptsock logs/cgisock
</IfModule>

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

DefaultType text/plain

<IfModule mime_module>

    TypesConfig conf/mime.types

    AddType application/x-compress .Z
    AddType application/x-gzip .gz .tgz

    #
    # AddHandler allows you to map certain file extensions to "handlers":
    # actions unrelated to filetype. These can be either built into the
server
    # or added with the Action directive (see below)
    #
    # To use CGI scripts outside of ScriptAliased directories:
    # (You will also need to add "ExecCGI" to the "Options" directive.)
    #
    #AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

    # For type maps (negotiated resources):
    #AddHandler type-map var

    #
    # Filters allow you to process content before it is sent to the client.
    #
    # To parse .shtml files for server-side includes (SSI):
    # (You will also need to add "Includes" to the "Options" directive.)
    #
    #AddType text/html .shtml
    #AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
</IfModule>

<IfModule ssl_module>
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
</IfModule>

John

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by jwberger <jw...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by jwberger <jw...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by jwberger <jw...@hotmail.com>.
But there is an index.html file in that directory.  If I go to
/tpg/docfiles/online/index.html it works just fine.  It is only when we try
to just hit a directory.  It happens on any subdirectory after the root.
Hitting the root without a filename works fine.  It finds the index.html and
load up.  None of the subdirectories work.

John

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.