Posted to xsp-dev@xml.apache.org by Madhavi Pappu <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/05 23:36:15 UTC

how to use request and session in an xsp

Hi,
   I am trying to get the request object itself.  I
found alot of documentation about how to retrieve and
set data on the request in the request logicsheet.
But not this.  The other thing that I was having
problems with is a session obj.  How do you actually
set things on the session object.  When you try and
set things on the session, I am not sure if it is
setting it as an object or a string.  And upon
retrieval of my info from the session, it streams
everything into String output instead of the Object
that I had put on the session.  I looked at the
generated java code and finally used the
XSPRequestHelper class but now I don't know what my
objectModel should be??  This is the first time I am
writing XSP's so sorry about the basic questions!!

                 Thanks, MC

http://greetings.yahoo.com