Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Puneet Pawaia <pu...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/27 18:15:29 UTC

SolrCloud and 2MB Synonym file

Hi

I am trying to setup a test SolrCloud 4.5.1 implementation. My synonym file
is about 1.6 MB. When I try to add collection to ZooKeeper 3.4.5 on Ubuntu
12.4, it fails because of the 1MB limit of ZooKeeper. Has anyone any
experience with using such synonym files? Can I store them in some other
location other than the Config Folder since the config folder is loaded
into ZooKeeper.

TIA

Puneet Pawaia

Re: SolrCloud and 2MB Synonym file

Posted by Puneet Pawaia <pu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yago,

Since the value you have mentioned is less than what I have used and it is
working, I won't rock the boat.

Thanks for the env.sh direction. I'll use it next time I need to set things
up.

Regards
Puneet

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.
In my case I have:

Posted by Puneet Pawaia <pu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Managed to get it working by adding -Djute.maxbuffer=5242880 to
zkServer.sh, zkCli.sh and solr startup command.

Posted by Puneet Pawaia <pu...@gmail.com>.
I am running an ensemble.

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.
How are you launching Solr?

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.
I'm curious how much compression you get with your synonym file using
something basic like gzip? If significant, would it make sense to
store the compressed syn file in ZooKeeper (or any other metadata you
need to distribute around the cluster)? This would require the code
that reads the syn file from ZooKeeper to be able to de-compress it.
Seems like this would be a nice-to-have in SolrCloud in general - the
ability to read / write files to ZooKeeper in compressed format.

Tim

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Puneet Pawaia <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.