Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by bstarchev <bs...@ru.acad.bg> on 2008/02/23 21:55:26 UTC

Failed to get the current user's information when running Hadoop MapReduce application

I use mapreducetools plugin for Eclipse: com.ibm.hipods.mapreduce_1.0.4
(http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/mapreducetools) and corresponding Cheat
Sheet in Eclipse to make may HelloHadoop project!
When I  run it as Eclipse application (last step in Cheat sheet), I have
received the message (from downloaded hadoop-0.16.0).
:

08/02/23 19:13:26 INFO jvm.JvmMetrics: Initializing JVM Metrics with
processName=JobTracker, sessionId=
java.io.IOException: Failed to get the current user's information: Login
failed: CreateProcess: whoami error=2
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:466)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:805)
	at hellomapreduce.HelloDriver.main(HelloDriver.java:29)

How to overcome this “Login Problem” ?  In “Eclipse environment” in Windows?