Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com> on 2010/03/08 20:23:30 UTC

Fulcrum - state, plan and activity?

Hi!

Working with turbine I extended some of its core components for our project.
There among the torque security service which I thought had some flaws. I
thought I might check the current state of the fulcrum service and see if I
could contribute. However, the torque security service had very many errors,
I could not build it. I also saw that the last checkin was almost two years
ago.

Now I wonder what the plan for turbine and fulcrum is. What components are
prioritized and worked on? Which ones do you want help with and which ones
are dead?

If I can contribute in any way I'd like to.

/Ludwig

Re: Fulcrum - state, plan and activity?

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Thomas,

I pushed ehcache to 1.6.2 which is the latest properly released version
- the tests are working and deps are more or less okay

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Thomas,

I'm updating pom.xml of fulcrum-cache but which version of ehcache to use?

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com>.
It builds now. But for some reason torque generates my base and peer-classes
into subpackages. I have had this setting for another project but can't
figure out why its done like this now. Haven't used maven 1 for a while
though...

I found some things that I would like to help improve. From documentation to
making the project maven 2 compatible.
What would be the next step? Discussing things here? Using JIRA? Or just
making the changes I see fit and submitting a patch?
/Ludwig

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com>.
Nice to hear from you!
It would be nice to know if there are things wrong with the torque security
service or if I have misunderstood how to build.
If I understand what the problem is, I think I have enough knowledge to
improve the service, mavenize it etc. But it would be nice to talk to
someone about it.

/Ludwig

any help is appreciated especially for Fulcrum service directly used in
Turbine. Will check the Torque Security Service when I'm fully recovered
from my flu ... :-(

On my list of pending releases

+) fulcrum-resource-manager
+) fulcrum-script for JDK 1.6