Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2007/05/24 15:27:10 UTC

Re: Felix commons

Alin Dreghiciu wrote:
> I've just added some new packages to be wrapped to Felix Commons and I
> was
> wondering about the deployment strategy/timing on the snapshot repository
> for Felix Commons since the latest published artifacts are from 16
> March. Is
> the build/deploy for Felix Commons run only when needed? I can imagine
> that
> this is possible since the wrapped jars do not change but I just wanna be
> sure.

I think that was the strategy that Enrique was taking...right, Enrique?

-> richard

Re: Felix commons

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
On 5/24/07, Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> Alin Dreghiciu wrote:
> > I've just added some new packages to be wrapped to Felix Commons and I
> > was
> > wondering about the deployment strategy/timing on the snapshot repository
> > for Felix Commons since the latest published artifacts are from 16
> > March. Is
> > the build/deploy for Felix Commons run only when needed? I can imagine
> > that
> > this is possible since the wrapped jars do not change but I just wanna be
> > sure.
>
> I think that was the strategy that Enrique was taking...right, Enrique?

I think that makes sense for the wrapper jars;  there is no need to
re-deploy if nothing has changed.  The committer of changes should
deploy, possibly after a review period (depending on how complicated
your changes are).

Enrique