Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Xiaobin She <xi...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/13 10:57:25 UTC

how to create symbolic link in hdfs with c++ code or webhdfs interface?

I'm writting an c++ programme, and I need to deal with hdfs.

What I need is to create some file in hdfs and read the status of these
files.

And I need to be able to create sym link in hdfs and need to know if an
file in hdfs is an sym link file or not.

According to what I have known, the c client lib of hdfs ( which is
libhdfs) does not support sym link.

And I have notice that there is an webhdfs interface for hdfs.

According to this page, it does support sym link.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/WebHDFS.html#Create_a_Symbolic_Link

But I have try this, and I got the following message.

{"RemoteException":{"exception":"UnsupportedOperationException","javaClassName":"java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException","message":"Symlinks
not supported"}}

Does this means webhdfs does not support sym link too ?

So if this true, how can I create an sym link and get the status of this
file in c++ code?

thank you very much for your help.

Re: how to create symbolic link in hdfs with c++ code or webhdfs interface?

Posted by Xiaobin She <xi...@gmail.com>.
to azuryyyu,

to enable symlink support in hdfs.

Or is there an non-testing option for symlink?

thanks.

Posted by Xiaobin She <xi...@gmail.com>.
to azuryyyu,

Posted by Xiaobin She <xi...@gmail.com>.
to azuryyyu,

Posted by Xiaobin She <xi...@gmail.com>.
to azuryyyu,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xiaobin She <xi...@gmail.com>.
To Vinod,

Posted by Xiaobin She <xi...@gmail.com>.
To Vinod,

Posted by Xiaobin She <xi...@gmail.com>.
To Vinod,

Posted by Xiaobin She <xi...@gmail.com>.
To Vinod,

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
What version of Hadoop?

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: how to create symbolic link in hdfs with c++ code or webhdfs interface?

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
What version of Hadoop?

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
What version of Hadoop?