Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hertenstein Alain <al...@gva.eri.ch> on 2003/09/04 09:47:44 UTC

RE : setting the field focus with a servlet

Hi Luke,

AFAIK, it's not possible to interact on the client side using Java (unless
using Applets).
You need JavaScript to fire events on the client browser, like focus() on a
text field or the like.
However, for form content check you can use your Servlet / JSP to retrieve
all request parameters, check them and send your response accordingly.

I don't know if I've answered your question.
Alain