Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lee Hoffner <lh...@megapathdsl.net> on 2004/09/21 18:12:01 UTC

List subscription problem

Sorry to post a list administration problem on the list itself, but I've sent
to tomcat-user-owner@jakarta.apache.org on 9/17 and heard nothing back.

I subscribed to the Tomcat list on 9/16 and I'm not receiving any of the
emails from the list.

I received the confirmation message after sending a subscription request and
replied to it. I then received the WELCOME message. After that, I posted a
question to the list. I received one reply, from a person who sent his
message via Reply-All. No other replies, nor any messages on other (new)
topics, have come to me. I've had to go to
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user%40jakarta.apache.org to read and
participate (very awkward, as I have to copy and paste from my browser to a
new email message, which naturally has none of the relevant headers that will
get the message included in list threads...).

I've sent a message to tomcat-user-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org, but
have received no reply.

I've also sent to tomcat-user-faq@jakarta.apache.org, but received no FAQ in
reply.

If someone here knows the list owner and can get my problem in front of their
eyes, I would be very grateful. I'd also love to know if there is some
intermediate step beyond subscribing and replying to the confirmation message
that I need to have done, but may not have.

Thanks!

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Lee,

I tried responding directly to your message but it was rejected because your
mailbox was full. I also responded to your post on the tomcat-user mailing list
since you stated you were monitoring that through one of the many web based
archives.

Empty your mailbox and then the messages should start getting through.

Mark