Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by MI student <in...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/17 09:44:40 UTC

editing page2xhtml.xsl

hello,
I am new to lenya and I need to modify the menu in my publication in the form of <ul> list instead of having it as a table .I think I have to modify page2xhtml.xsl  in the following lines to do so
<xsl:apply-templates select="xhtml:div[@id = 'menu']"/>

I not getting <ul> tag for each menu in the menubar .Just getting for the initial one.I want to know what is the source xml file or related xml document for this xsl sheet so that it would help me to edit correctly.I couldnt figure out that.Is this the correct way to do this??

I would be so thankful for any kind of help.

Re: editing page2xhtml.xsl

Posted by Nele Vogel <vg...@sevencs.com>.
Hi!

> I am new to lenya and I need to modify the menu in my publication in the form
> of <ul> list instead of having it as a table .I think I have to modify
> page2xhtml.xsl  in the following lines to do so
> <xsl:apply-templates select="xhtml:div[@id = 'menu']"/>

No. This is just the import of the transformed XML code.

> I not getting <ul> tag for each menu in the menubar .Just getting for the
> initial one.I want to know what is the source xml file or related xml document
> for this xsl sheet so that it would help me to edit correctly.I couldnt figure
> out that.Is this the correct way to do this??

I would suggest, you go to directory $your-publication/lenya/xslt/navigation.
You can put the XSL files responsible for the layout of menu, tab and
breadcrumb in this directory. If you have copied the default publication,
there will be only one file present: 'tab.xsl'. You can copy the appropriate
files from the default publication into this directory and edit them.

HTH,
Nele

Re: editing page2xhtml.xsl

Posted by Robina Brintha <ro...@gmail.com>.
hi
Thank you very much cristino and vogel for the timely help. I solved
the problem by correcting the css sheet .

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:14:04 -0800, Cristiano Fugazza <ca...@kount0.com> wrote:
> > hello,
> > I am new to lenya and I need to modify the menu in my publication in the
> > form of <ul> list instead of having it as a table .I think I have to
> > modify page2xhtml.xsl  in the following lines to do so
> >
> > <xsl:apply-templates select="xhtml:div[@id = 'menu']"/>
> >
> > I not getting <ul> tag for each menu in the menubar .Just getting for
> > the initial one.
>        That's because xhtml:div[@id = 'menu'] is the single element enclosing
> the menu list, which instead is built by menublocks and menuitems ('div'
> tags with class attributes for applying CSS styles, no tables). Take a
> look at the source code of a page from the default publication to see
> how it works.
>
> > I want to know what is the source xml file or related
> > xml document for this xsl sheet so that it would help me to edit
> > correctly.I couldnt figure out that.Is this the correct way to do this??
> >
> > I would be so thankful for any kind of help.
>        I think you better modify the CSS stylesheet first, for instance adding
> the property "display: list-item;" to the elements you want to be
> displayed as lists.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cristiano

Robina Brintha
Master of Media Informatics
(RWTH university and University of BONN)
Amm wichelshof 32,zimmer nummer:06-01,
Bonn,53111,
Germany
mobile:017670052881