Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Urban, Patrick" <Pa...@adp.com> on 2002/07/11 20:45:46 UTC

Producing Font Metrics

I am attempting to produce a font metrics xml file in order to embed a font
in my outputted pdf.

//When I run this command

java org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader -ttcname Smicr
C:\WINNT\Fonts\smicr.ttf c:\smicr.xml

///I am getting this output/exception

TTF Reader v1.1.1

Reading C:\WINNT\Fonts\smicr.ttf...

Number of glyphs in font: 34

java.io.EOFException: Reached EOF, file size=15260 offset=79880

        at
org.apache.fop.fonts.FontFileReader.seek_set(FontFileReader.java:78)

        at org.apache.fop.fonts.TTFFile.readCMAP(TTFFile.java:217)

        at org.apache.fop.fonts.TTFFile.readFont(TTFFile.java:386)

        at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.loadTTF(TTFReader.java:181)

        at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.main(TTFReader.java:143)

No metrics file is produced and I am out of ideas.

Patrick

RE: Producing Font Metrics

Posted by Mark Peterson <ma...@ssglimited.com>.
I’ve seen this error message before and I believe, but not sure, that it is
a problem with the true-type font file.  I’ve converted many font files, and
this error has only occurred on one file that I received from a third party
supplier who is looking into the problem for me right now.

Mark