Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Numa Schmeder <nu...@dfacto.ch> on 2018/08/28 09:21:18 UTC

tapestry-webresources

Hello,

I was wondering if you think it’s possible to run webpack and babel transpolar on the fly with tapestry-webresources ?
I have seen you compile typescript and coffe script directly using Rhino. I have never used Rhino and was wondering if it could be used to run webpack.
Or maybe that would be too slow ?

What do you think about adding this functionality ?

Thank you your for your advice.

  <http://www.dfacto.ch/>	Numa Schmeder    www.dfacto.ch  <http://www.dfacto.ch/>
NUMA@DFACTO.CH <ma...@dfacto.ch>   |   M +41 79 538 30 01

DIGITAL STRATEGY   |   DESIGN   |   DEVELOPMENT

Re: tapestry-webresources

Posted by marwa hussein <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
Actually, for the Javascript code it is not mine, as I mentioned, It is an
open source package called webVOWL for visualizing ontologies. I need to
visualize ontologies in my web application for my research work. Also, I am
not so professional in JavaScripts and I don't know the technologies they
are using for such package I only want to use it :). This is their page if
you want to take a look
https://github.com/VisualDataWeb/WebVOWL.

And for solving my issue (Thanks all for your suggestions) I followed the
example shown in https://tapestry.apache.org/ajax-and-zones.html in "Invoking
server-side event handler methods from JavaScript"   but here the event is
in the java code "server-side" and is invoked from the Javascript code
"onClick()" , but what I want is the opposite direction, sending a "string
variable" from a tag appended in  the clientside javascript code to the
java code "in the serverside".
For now, I will test to use hidden input (although I didn't want to use a
form submit) and I will see if I can make it or not ...

Thank you all for your help and valuable suggestions, and of course, if
anyone face the same problem before and could give me hints to how to do it
please tell me.
Regards,
Marwa