Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2003/01/24 17:58:10 UTC

[wsif] mailing list for WSIF [Re: WSIF to get its own mailing list?]

Tom Jordahl wrote:

>Since the WSIF project is increasingly active, isn't it time for you guys to get your own mailing list?  That would decrease the "noise" on axis-dev.
>
>Hey, we love you, but its time to leave the nest! :-)

hi Tom,

i agree with you. i think that what we need for WSIF is: (following
guidelines described in http://ws.apache.org/mail.html):

wsif-dev@ws.apache.org
wsif-user@ws.apache.org
wsif-cvs@ws.apache.org

i wonder also if we could move WSIF to http://ws.apache.org/wsif?

did i miss anything?

thanks,

alek

--
"Mr. Pauli, we in the audience are all agreed that your theory is crazy.
What divides us is whether it is crazy enough to be true." Niels H. D. Bohr

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Sam Ruby wrote:

> Aleksander Slominski wrote:
>
>> hi Tom,
>>
>> i agree with you. i think that what we need for WSIF is: (following
>> guidelines described in http://ws.apache.org/mail.html):
>>
>> wsif-dev@ws.apache.org
>> wsif-user@ws.apache.org
>> wsif-cvs@ws.apache.org
>>
>> i wonder also if we could move WSIF to http://ws.apache.org/wsif?
>>
>> did i miss anything?
>

> I have a strong preference for cvs messages to be redirected to the
> appropriate dev list.  This has two benefits:
>
> 1) ensures that there are more eyes reviewing every commit (or at
> least, eliminates an excuse).
>
> 2) sends users fleeing to -user.  ;-)

it makes sense :-)

maybe guidelines at http://ws.apache.org/mail.html could be annotated to
point that using -dev may be preferred over separate -cvs?

thanks,

alek

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
Aleksander Slominski wrote:
> hi Tom,
>
> i agree with you. i think that what we need for WSIF is: (following
> guidelines described in http://ws.apache.org/mail.html):
>
> wsif-dev@ws.apache.org
> wsif-user@ws.apache.org
> wsif-cvs@ws.apache.org
>
> i wonder also if we could move WSIF to http://ws.apache.org/wsif?
>
> did i miss anything?

I have a strong preference for cvs messages to be redirected to the
appropriate dev list.  This has two benefits:

1) ensures that there are more eyes reviewing every commit (or at least,
eliminates an excuse).

2) sends users fleeing to -user.  ;-)

- Sam Ruby