Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Chinmay Kulkarni <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/17 05:32:18 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.15.0 RC4

Hello Everyone,

This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 4.15.0 RC4. This is the next
minor release of Phoenix 4, compatible with Apache HBase 1.3, 1.4 &
1.5. The release includes both a source-only release and a convenience
binary release for each supported HBase version.

This release has feature parity with supported HBase versions and includes
the following improvements:
- Support for multi-region SYSTEM.CATALOG
- Omid integration with Phoenix
- Orphan view tool
- Separation of the Phoenix-Connectors and Phoenix-Queryserver projects
- 150+ bug fixes
and much more

The source tar ball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.15.0-HBase-1.3-rc4/src/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.15.0-HBase-1.4-rc4/src/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.15.0-HBase-1.5-rc4/src/

The binary artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.15.0-HBase-1.3-rc4/bin/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.15.0-HBase-1.4-rc4/bin/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.15.0-HBase-1.5-rc4/bin/

For a complete list of changes, see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12343162&projectId=12315120

Artifacts are signed with my "CODE SIGNING KEY":
7C5FC713DE4C59D7

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/KEYS

The hash and tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=commit;h=65ee44ada9390ef46f6b2853e65067aa9ca1d598
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v4.15.0-HBase-1.3-rc4

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=commit;h=f11afb2d609cbbfeaaee1cf981514be4c50a4bd0
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v4.15.0-HBase-1.4-rc4

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=commit;h=a2adf5e572c5a4bcccee7f8ac43bad6b84293ec6
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v4.15.0-HBase-1.5-rc4

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
The Apache Phoenix Team

--
Chinmay Kulkarni

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.15.0 RC4

Posted by xinyi yan <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1

Tested on my local environment with old and new clients, create/drop
table/view/index, upsert data, add/drop columns, and multi-tenant
connection/tables.

Xinyi

Posted by Chinmay Kulkarni <ch...@gmail.com>.
The vote is now closed and passes with 4 binding +1s, 1 non-binding +1, and
no 0 or -1 votes.
Thanks to all those who voted and helped in testing all the previous RCs as
well.
I will work on releasing the jars.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Thomas D'Silva <tw...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Binding)

Posted by Chinmay Kulkarni <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Binding)

--
Chinmay Kulkarni

Posted by "larsh@apache.org" <la...@apache.org>.
 +1 (binding)
Again... This time I did the following:
- Ran through upgrade and various test scripts using phoenix_sandbox.py (with PHOENIX-5617 applied). This started with 4.14, created some tables, views, and indexes, then with a 4.15 client, added/removed views, columns, and indexes, then with 4.14 accessed existing tables, views, and indexes, create more tables, views, and indexes, added/droped columns, etc, Then with 4.15 client again accessed those same tables, etc.