Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Qingjuan Gu <qi...@wistar.upenn.edu> on 2002/06/06 00:16:51 UTC

I can not access html file from web browser

Hello,

I have installed the apache_1.3.24 on Tru64. and In my httpd.conf file, I set up Documentroot "/db4/usr/local/web", and this file is:

-rwxr-xr-x   1 qgu      web         1676 May 10 12:35 post.html

When I access this file with URL http://athena.wistar.upenn.edu/post.html, the browser pop-up a dialog box: File download
     Open this file from current location
     Save this file to disk

Just like normal download dialog box.

I did not create any password or .htaccess file, Does anybody give me advice? thanks a lot in advance.

Grace

Re: I can not access html file from web browser

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
  Sounds like a browser problem.  The url you give works fine for
me, giving a form with text entry boxes for Name, email address, age,
favorite color and two buttons: Send and Clear Form.  However, I note
that the form is improper html when I veiw the source:  i.e.,
no <html></html> tags.  Could this be the cause?