Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jens Jahnke <ja...@telematika.de> on 2011/02/17 11:36:43 UTC

Problems using precedence="true"

Hi,

I'm trying to customize a page layout for rendering a docbook document
into a pdf using some methods found here:
http://www.learn-xsl-fo-tutorial.com/Page-Layout.cfm

I've copied the templates from pagesetup.xsl into my custom stylesheet
and changed names. Using them works fine but if I try to make headers
and footers reach from one side of the page to another it doesn't work.

Currently I'm using the following settings:
<xsl:param name="page.margin.inner">0cm</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="page.margin.outer">0cm</xsl:param>

and this in my page-master:
<fo:region-body margin-bottom="{$body.margin.bottom}"
  margin-top="{$body.margin.top}"
  column-gap="{$column.gap.body}"
  column-count="{$column.count.body}">
</fo:region-body>
<fo:region-before region-name="xsl-region-before-odd"
  extent="{$region.before.extent}"
  display-align="before" precedence="true"/>
<fo:region-after region-name="xsl-region-after-odd"
  extent="{$region.after.extent}"
  display-align="after" precedence="true"/>
<fo:region-start extent="2cm"/>
<fo:region-end extent="2cm"/>

As far as I understand this should result in something like this:
|Header      |
|2cm|Body|2cm|
|Footer      |

But instead I get:
|Header|
|Body  |
|Footer|

Any ideas?

Regards,

Jens

Re: Problems using precedence="true"

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi,

This is a pure XSL-FO question, not a FOP related one.
That said,
IIUC, you want to have lateral margins on your fo:region-body.
Therefore, you need to specify margin-left and margin-right on your
fo:region-body.
extend properties do not affect the body region.

--
Pascal