Posted to users@maven.apache.org by chetan mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/07 11:39:02 UTC

Exploded directory Structure

Hi,
 I am new to Maven and was going through the features available. Ours is a
big project and currently we were planning for some major changes. Till now
we were using ant to build the app but now we were looking into the
possibility of using Maven.

One feature that I was not able to find was related to exploded dir
structure.
Till now we were following the exploded structure for development using
WebLogic. In that the java classes were compiled  to WEB-INF classes. But
the jsps need not to be copied.. So for a developer if he is changing the
jsp then he can see the result immediately by refreshing on the browser.

But in the Maven structure everything is copied to the "target". So for
seeing the changes in jsp the person has to copy the changed jsp every time.

Can this be achieved in a better way!!!.

--
Chetan Mehrotra