Posted to api@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel LĂ©charny <el...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/29 09:19:16 UTC

Ldap connect() method improvements

Hi !

Stefan has committed some changes for the
LdapNetworkConnection.connect() method. We had some NPE (fixed) and also
were incapable to tell  what were the root causes of a connection
failure. Typical reasons were :

o timeout

o SSL/TLS handshake error (with various root causes)

Stefan's commit are fixing those aspects.

Now, the method is 275 lines long, which makes it very difficult to
maintain. I will move out some parts of it in separate private methods
to make it clearer.

Thanks !