Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/30 18:23:05 UTC

[SDO Java] behaviour of generator with multiple namespaces

I'm applying a patch attached to [1] to the java generator which allows it
to generate classes for multiple namespaces in a single run. The current fix
is adopting the safe policy of not changing the default behaviour, which
only exports classes for a single namespace.

So as it stands, one new functional aspect of the fix allows you to use the
newly reserved "all" value for the existing -schemaNamespace argument

XSD2JavaGenerator -schemaNamespace all <schemafile>

to generate classes for all namespaces

I can see that it would be attractive to alter the default behaviour to
always generate for all namespaces encountered unless directed otherwise
with the -schemaNamespace or -namespaceInfo arguments (the latter being
another new feature supplied by the patch).  That way we could also do away
with reserving the "all" tag.  Would this be a problem at this stage of
development?

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1233