Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by James Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com> on 2003/05/25 06:49:10 UTC

Workbench error on Macos X

I'm trying to get Tapestry running on Macos X. I've installed the
latest Tomcat 4.1.24, followed Tapestry's instructions for deployment
and so on. Tomcat appears to be running fine. Tapestry's workbench app
opens up fine, but anytime I try to use a submit button (other than
localization) or link other than one of the top tabs, I get this error:

"Web applications store information about what you are doing on the
server.  This information is called the session.

"Web servers must track many, many sessions.  If you are inactive for a
long enough time (usually, a few minutes), this information is
discarded to make room for active users.

"At this point you may restart the session to continue.    "

In tomcat, my session is set for 15 minutes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jamie Orchard-Hays

Re: Workbench error on Macos X

Posted by James Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
Argh. The problem was....

Safari!

After a few hours of messing about, I opened the app up in MSIE and all
is well. Sometimes I forget my browser of choice is still beta.

Jamie Orchard-Hays

Posted by Eitan Suez <ei...@uptodata.com>.
hi jamie,
   in my opinion mozilla is by far the best browser for the mac.  safari
has pretty good
   usability for bookmarks and such.  so i use it to reference tapestry
components,
   doing google searches, and to reference other manuals (ant, for
example).
   but i use mozilla for everything else.  it's a shame eclipse doesn't
work nearly
   as nicely as it does in windows.  i'd like to play with spindle
further.
/ eitan

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 22:20 US/Central, James Orchard-Hays wrote:

> Update...
>
> So today at work, Erik H. loads tomcat and tapestry on his TiBook,
> fires them up and doesn't have the same problem I had with sessions
> not working in Tapestry when using Safari. So Tonight I run it again
> after *restarting* Safari. Sessions work fine. Go figure. If anyone
> can explain what happens to Safari after many hours of use so that it
> won't work with Tapestry sessions, I'm all ears!
>
> Also, MSIE on OS X hangs on the date picker. I'm hoping to have some
> time to look into this next week.
>
> Jamie O-H
>
> On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 09:31  AM, Eitan Suez wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>>   i'm running tapestry on mac os x with tomcat 4.1.24 and jdk 1.4.  i
>> have
>>   the workbench app deployed and it works fine.
>>
>>   i'm using tapestry v 2.3.
>>
>> thanks, eitan
>>

>> On Saturday, May 24, 2003, at 23:49 US/Central, James Orchard-Hays
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to get Tapestry running on Macos X. I've installed the
>>> latest Tomcat 4.1.24, followed Tapestry's instructions for
>>> deployment and so on. Tomcat appears to be running fine. Tapestry's
>>> workbench app opens up fine, but anytime I try to use a submit
>>> button (other than localization) or link other than one of the top
>>> tabs, I get this > error:
>>>
>>> "Web applications store information about what you are doing on the
>>> server.  This information is called the session.
>>>
>>> "Web servers must track many, many sessions.  If you are inactive
>>> for a long enough time (usually, a few minutes), this information is
>>> discarded to make room for active users.
>>>
>>> "At this point you may restart the session to continue.    "
>>>
>>> In tomcat, my session is set for 15 minutes.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jamie Orchard-Hays

thanks,