Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu> on 2017/02/01 16:09:29 UTC

Release vote : 3.2.0

Hello, Jena-folks!

Let's vote on a release of Jena 3.2.0.

Everyone, not just committers, is invited to test and vote. Three +1's from PMC members permit a release, but everyone is not just welcome but _needed_ to do really good full testing. If a non-committer turns up an issue, you can bet I will investigate fast.

This is a distribution of Jena and also of Fuseki 1 and 2.

Versions being released include: Jena @ 3.2.0 (RDF libraries, database gear, and utilities), Fuseki 1 @ 1.5.0 and Fuseki 2 @ 2.5.0 (SPARQL servers).

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejena-1016/

Proposed distributions:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jena/binaries/

Keys:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/dist/KEYS

Git tag:
jena-3.2.0-rc1
4bdc528c788681b90acf341de0989ca7686bae8c
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jena.git;a=commit;h=4bdc528c788681b90acf341de0989ca7686bae8c

Please vote to approve this release:

    [ ] +1 Approve the release
    [ ]  0 Don't care
    [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This vote will be open to the end of

   Monday, 6 February, 23:59 UTC

Thanks to everyone who can help test and give feedback of every kind!

      ajs6f (A. Soroka)

Checking needed:

• Does everything work on MS Windows?
• Does everything work on OS X?
• Is the GPG signature okay?
• Is there a source archive?
• Can the source archive really be built?
• Is there a correct LICENSE and NOTICE file in each artifact (both source and binary artifacts)?
• Does the NOTICE file contain all necessary attributions?
• Does the tag in the SCM contain reproducible sources?

Re: Release vote : 3.2.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
A reply on dev@:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1dc06569517cb15dcf8e6a261d2dec2d0b9bdfc8749f019221d6669b@%3Cdev.jena.apache.org%3E

(cross posting leads to unpredictable "reply-to")

     Andy

Re: Release vote : 3.2.0

Posted by "Lorenz B." <bu...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.
Hello,

--
Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig

Re: Release vote : 3.2.0

Posted by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu>.
I think Andy has the right story here (I must have copied it from someone using Linux). In fact, I did the release candidate on a Mac, a fact which will be reflected in my forthcoming vote.

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library

Re: Release vote : 3.2.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Release vote : 3.2.0

Posted by Dick Murray <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release vote : 3.2.0

Posted by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu>.

Re: Release vote : 3.2.0

Posted by Dick Murray <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release vote : 3.2.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
(added [RESULT])

Re: [VOTE] Release vote : 3.2.0

Posted by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu>.
Okay, folks!

[VOTE] Re: Release vote : 3.2.0

Posted by Osma Suominen <os...@helsinki.fi>.
+1 (binding)

Re: Release vote : 3.2.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
(switched to dev@, not marked [VOTE])

These are the headline items I think need to go in the announcement message:

RDF Connection
   JENA-1267
http://jena.apache.org/documentation/notes/rdfconnection.html
(on staging ATM)

Serializable for Quad/triple/Node
   Link to javadoc: org.apache.jena.system.Serializer
   JENA-1233

JsonLDReader: possibility to override the @context
   JENA-1279
   And jsonld-java upgrade to version 0.9.0

jena-spatial - no longer sorts result.
   Big performance improvement.
   JENA-1277

Re: Release vote : 3.2.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 01/02/17 16:09, A. Soroka wrote:
> Hello, Jena-folks!
>
> Let's vote on a release of Jena 3.2.0.

Congratulations!

All looks good to me.

I like the idea of sending it to users@ as well.

The Jenkins development build seems to have got out of sync (I thiunk
this has happened before - my guess is that a crash (a JVM blew up last
run) means the sync state gets messed up).  I manually kicked off a
snapshots build.

	Andy

Re: Release vote : 3.2.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
I've just committed the way I have been building the javadoc - its works
by downloading and caching jars from the maven repo and it build the
javadoc inplace. The caching helps in case it does not thing don't work
first time.

It's updated for jena-rdfconnection (and I just updated svn version of
the site's index.mdtext while I remembered).

Same script name and output as before. Additional notes in Javadoc/README.

The old code is in Javadoc-v0

     Andy

Re: [VOTE] Release vote : Apache Jena 3.2.0

Posted by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu>.
+1 (binding)

The release candidate itself was generated on a Mac, so that's a box checked.

---

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for testing!

	Andy

Posted by Aaron Coburn <ac...@amherst.edu>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Subject line needs to include [VOTE].

There is a dependency change for json-ld to version 0.9.0 (same license).

.... else looks good so far!

     Andy