Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dale Bohl <DB...@masonshoe.com> on 2006/11/08 17:20:58 UTC

svn libz issue

Can anyone help me please.

I'm seeing this after building Subversion 1.4 on AIX 5.2.

./svn
Could not load program ./svn:
Could not load module /usr/local/lib/libsvn_ra_dav-1.so.
Dependent module /usr/local/lib/libz.a(libz.so.1) could not be loaded.
Member libz.so.1 is not found in archive

libz.so.1 is not on my system

Dale Bohl

Re: svn libz issue

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Nov 8, 2006, at 11:20, Dale Bohl wrote:

> I'm seeing this after building Subversion 1.4 on AIX 5.2.
>
> ./svn
> Could not load program ./svn:
> Could not load module /usr/local/lib/libsvn_ra_dav-1.so.
> Dependent module /usr/local/lib/libz.a(libz.so.1) could not be loaded.
> Member libz.so.1 is not found in archive
>
> libz.so.1 is not on my system

I forget if zlib comes with the subversion-deps archive or if you
must already have it on your system.

It sounds like zlib was compiled not to be a shared library? Try
recompiling it as a shared library. I believe you just need to add "-
shared" to its ./configure line.

RE: svn libz issue

Posted by Méresse Christophe <ch...@nagra.com>.
I'm seeing this after building Subversion 1.4 on AIX 5.2.

./svn
Could not load program ./svn:
Could not load module /usr/local/lib/libsvn_ra_dav-1.so.
Dependent module /usr/local/lib/libz.a(libz.so.1) could not be loaded.
Member libz.so.1 is not found in archive

libz.so.1 is not on my system

Dale Bohl

I've encountered this issue. I've just removed the libz.a archive, keeping only libz.so.1.2.3 and the symbolic links libz.so and libz.so.1 pointing on it (You may have to compile and install zlib if you do not have them) and it solved the problem...

Regards,
Christophe Méresse