Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/03 11:21:58 UTC

Maven2/scm/svn - How maven2 users are tackling the issue..

hi all,
 i m doing projects using maven2.. and i was wondering how generally  Maven
users using it together with SVN

i think there was a similar message some time ago about same issue, but
unfortunately i m unable to find it..

what i would like to do is to follow this steps for every project i have:

1 - get my code out of SVN
2 - build/deploy my project
3 - update my code in svn

Ideally, 1) and 3) should be done in a 'specific'  phase  (every time i run
mvn clean install) i don't want to keep on checking out code from svn or to
check it in)

I was wondering how Maven2 users were doing on the same issue./...
I know that there is a scm plugin, however i m not aware if that can do
what  would like to do..

do you use a 'separate' script to checkout/checkin code from svn? or do you
use something within maven?

I figured out that i can use maven ant plugin for invoking svn checkout, but
i'd need to invoke this 'outside' maven general phases to avoid problems
mentioned above

anyone has any comments?

thanks and regards
  Marco

Re: Maven2/scm/svn - How maven2 users are tackling the issue..

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I did not read the question carefully

0. Create a wrapper pom

1. Bind scm:checkout to a phase with skipIfExists flag to true

2. Bind antrun a phase to invoke "mvn install/deploy"

3. Bind scm:checkin to install phase

Hope it helps

-Dan

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.