Posted to announce@libcloud.apache.org by Tomaz Muraus <to...@apache.org> on 2013/12/28 17:27:56 UTC

2013 in retrospect and a Happy New Year from the Libcloud team

Dear Libcloud users, developers and team members,

2013 is slowly coming to an end, and the Libcloud team would like to wish
everyone a happy and successful new year!

Here is a short list of things which have been accomplished, important
events which have happened and some statistics for 2013:

* Two new committers have joined the team - John Carr & Brian Curtin.
* 197 new JIRA issues have been opened (total of 472). Out of those 197
issues, 138 are now marked as 'resolved'.
* We have finally migrated from SVN to Git.
* Combination of SVN and Git repository has had total of 963 commits. Large
percentage of those commits were patches from external contributors.
* In June, we held a Libcloud design day event at the Rackspace SF office (
http://www.tomaz.me/2013/06/12/libcloud-design-day-recap-improving-libcloud-and-plans-for-the-future.html
)
* We have started working on a new and improved documentation which is now
available on ReadTheDocs (https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/)
* We had a total of 5 releases
(http://pypi.python.org/pypi/apache-libcloud/)
* Github mirror has been starred by 331 users (
https://github.com/apache/libcloud)
* A couple of weeks ago, I have started to work on a new website. New
website is mostly finished and I'm just waiting for ASF infra people to
flip the switch now. This should hopefully happen in the early 2014.

Thanks again to everyone for their contributions and lets make 2014 even
better and more successful :)

(Once a new website comes online, I also plan to post this as a blog post
in a more readable and user-friendly format)

Numbers retrieved on: 2013-12-26.
Sources for those numbers: JIRA, Libcloud website, PyPi, Ohloh.net, Google
Analytics