Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brett Randall <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/21 11:07:03 UTC

maven-assembly-plugin resource filtering with shared assembly

Hi,

I'm having trouble with resource-filtering in an assembly which is shared
amongst multiple modules in a multi-module project, according to the recipe
in MDG 12.6.1<http://books.sonatype.com/maven-book/reference/assemblies.html#d0e16128>.
Maven 2.0.9, Assembly 2.2-beta-2.

What I'm seeing is this: when I run "mvn package" from a module, it is
filtering resources correctly (namely substituting ${project.version} - I'm
not trying to use and file-based filters), however when running "mvn
package" in the parent directory/project with no other changes, resource
filtering does not occur.  The shared assembly module has a <fileSet> with
<filtered>true</filtered>, and this is the one being filtered when run from
the module.

When I run in the parent project, the reactor order is:

   1. The shared assembly module (has no parent)
   2. The parent project
   3. Module A (child of 2)
   4. Module B (child of 2)
   5. Module C (child of 2)
   6. An all-modules distribution module (has no parent)

All POMs have the same groupId and version (a -SNAPSHOT).  Is this enough
info for anyone to suggest what might be stopping resource-filtering from
working from the parent/top-level project?

Re: maven-assembly-plugin resource filtering with shared assembly

Posted by Brett Randall <ja...@gmail.com>.
Well the good news here is that I updated to maven-assembly-plugin
2.2-beta-3-SNAPSHOT, and the filtering outlined below just works, regardless
of the build start-point.  I couldn't spot where this was fixed.

>From the svn logs it looks like 2.2-beta-3 could go final soon, so I'll
switch back from the SNAPSHOT when I see that announced on the list.

Cheers
Brett