Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Krusch, Chris" <ch...@ubc.ca> on 2022/02/16 05:50:53 UTC

Cached LDAP Authorization Module

Hi all – curious if there’s a reason why the documentation for the Cached LDAP Authorization Module at:

https://activemq.apache.org/cached-ldap-authorization-module

Does not include any information on the following properties that the module has long supported:

Property

Default value

Description

groupNameAttribute

cn

Attribute of  group objects that contains the group name

groupObjectClass

groupOfNames

Object class that identifies group objects

userNameAttribute

uid

Attribute of user objects that contains the user name

userObjectClass

person

Object class that identifies user objects

Is there a proper channel to submit a request to add this to the documentation?  (or to volunteer to do it?).

Use of the above properties has been very useful for us for LDAP integrations with Active MQ in the past,  and again very recently for an Amazon MQ integration…

Any advice/guidance appreciated…

Chris Krusch
UBC IT
The University of British Columbia

Re: Cached LDAP Authorization Module

Posted by "Krusch, Chris" <ch...@ubc.ca>.
Thanks for the guidance JB

Jira issue opened - AMQ-8491

Chris

On 2022-02-15, 10:08 PM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:

    [CAUTION: Non-UBC Email]

    Hi Chris,

    It's certainly a miss ;)
    Currently, the documentation is decoupled from source code, so it can
    lead to this kind of gap between what's in the documentation and
    what's actually supported.

    Can you please create a Jira ? We will update the website.

    Thanks,
    Regards
    JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.