Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> on 2018/10/10 20:47:04 UTC

Transitioning from Java 10 to Java 11 in Jenkins

Hi all,

Java 11 was released recently and Java 10 is no longer supported. Java 11
is the first LTS release since the new Java release cadence was announced.
As of today, all of our tests pass with Java 11 so it's time to transition
Jenkins builds to use Java 11 instead of Java 10. I have updated the trunk
job[1] and will update the PR job in a couple of days to give time for PRs
to be rebased to include the required commits.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ismael

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-trunk-jdk11/

Re: Transitioning from Java 10 to Java 11 in Jenkins

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Updated PR jobs, they are now configured in the following way:

https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-pr-jdk7-scala2.10: Only enabled for
0.10.0, 0.10.1, 0.10.2 branches as Scala 2.10 support was dropped in 0.11.0.
https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-pr-jdk7-scala2.11: Only enabled for
0.11.0, 1.0, 1.1 branches as Java 7 support was dropped in 2.0 and we have
kafka-pr-jdk7-scala2.10 for 0.10.x branches.
https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-pr-jdk8-scala2.11: Enabled for all
branches.
https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-pr-jdk10-scala2.12: Only enabled for
1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 branches. Java 9/10 support was added in 1.0 and
kafka-pr-jdk11-scala2.12 replaced this in 2.1 and newer.
https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-pr-jdk11-scala2.12: Enabled for trunk,
2.1 and newer release branches. Java 11 support was added in 2.1.

Ismael