Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Jay Springbernate <js...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/26 03:56:49 UTC

Partial Updates in Solr 4.1

Hey Nutchers! Hope you all are doing fine.

My friend and I are the creators of
Punkspider<http://punkspider.hyperiongray.com/>and we use nutch
heavily with the Solr indexing feature. But besides the
data fetched from the crawling, we also need to update the documents with
the summary data of our scans, so we decided to move to the last version of
Solr that allows partial updates. We'd rather avoid having to read the
document to then combine the data with the fresh one, and then save the
merged document.
So I made a change in the indexer that allows to update just some fields of
the document, leaving the other intact, identifying the document by its id.
I'm attaching the file, hope you find it useful. The original lines are
comment out

Thanks for all and keep the good work.

Regards
Tomas Fornara

Re: Partial Updates in Solr 4.1

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tomas

Nice to hear about punkspider and great that you are using Nutch. Can you
please open a JIRA issue and attach a patch for this?

https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/HowToContribute

Thanks

Julien

--