Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roald Bankras <ro...@jteam.nl> on 2006/12/27 15:57:08 UTC

Calling multiple phases

Hey all

Does anyone know a way to combine to separate calls to maven into one command?
I like to tag a succesful build after all modules are done.
A normal call like "mvn install scm:tag" would tag the modules after completion while the next module can still fail.

Any help is appreciated.

Roald Bankras
Software Engineer
JTeam b.v.

   The General Conditions JTeam B.V. apply to all proposals and
   deliveries made by JTeam B.V. The General Conditions JTeam B.V.
   are filed at the Chamber of Commerce in Amsterdam under number
   204/2002 as well as with the clerk of the court's office of the district
   court in Amsterdam under number 204/2002 and will be sent upon
   request.

Re: Calling multiple phases

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Roald,

AFAIK, that cannot be done with one maven command.

Upon execution maven will automatically group your tasks into task segments
( a major deciding point is whether a task will aggregate or not ).

In your case, install and scm:tag is probably considered as one task
segment.  Hence, every time maven will iterate through the reactor projects,
it will do install, then scm:tag.

But if you want, you can take the source code of the maven scm plugin,
modify it ( by adding @aggregator to the tag mojo's class level annotation )
and installing it in your repo with a different version classifier ( i.e.
from version 2.0, install it as 2.0-roald ).

Then use your custom plugin with your mvn install scm:tag. That will
separate your install task from your scm:tag task.

Cheers,
Franz