Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Darren <da...@googlemail.com> on 2011/09/23 16:09:55 UTC

[daemon] Service monitor in taskbar

Does anyone know how Apache Tomcat displays the service monitor icon in the taskbar from machine startup?  I see you can add it manually via the command

prunmgr.exe //MS//servicename

but it doesn't persist through machine restarts.  Is there an argument to do this, or does the Apache Tomcat installer just add the above command into windows startup somehow?  I'm not hugely familiar with windows, but the startup folder is empty after an Apache Tomcat install.

Thanks,
Darren

Re: [daemon] Service monitor in taskbar

Posted by kosurusekhar <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi Darren,

The startup folder what you are checking is per user, Tomcat will register a
register key in Machine level. You can see it run->msconfig->startup tab.

There tomcat will listed as startup process system wide.

Regards
Sekhar.