Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Robert K. Vanderhoek" <ro...@nhdeeds.com> on 2009/03/09 18:25:27 UTC

using derby.jar with tomcat 6

I am receiving the following error in the catalina.out log file: /Class Not Found: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jdbc:derby/.  This is generated in the log when the webapp is accessed.  I have set the classpath locally with derbys setEmbeddedCP command.  I am thinking I also have to specify this in Tomcat too.  Is this done by modifying the server.xml globally or the web.xml for each webapp?  Any help or feedback on this will be much appreciated, thank you.

Software running on server
- RHEL4u3
- Java6u7
- Tomcat6.0
- Derby 10.4.2.0

Directory structure
- /usr/apache-tomcat-6.0.18 (CATALINA_HOME)
- /usr/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/lib/derby.jar (copied in from DERBY_HOME/lib, figuring tomcat would automatically load it on startup for each webapp)
- /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_07 (JAVA_HOME)
- /usr/db-derby-10.4.2.0-bin (DERBY_HOME)

Robert