Posted to user@spark.apache.org by yiskylee <yi...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/04 14:45:22 UTC

scalastyle violation on mvn install but not on mvn package

./build/mvn -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.4 -Dhadoop.version=2.4.0 -DskipTests clean
package
works, but
./build/mvn -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.4 -Dhadoop.version=2.4.0 -DskipTests clean
install
triggers scalastyle violation error.

Is the scalastyle check not used on package but only on install? To install,
should I turn off "failOnViolation" in the pom?

Re: scalastyle violation on mvn install but not on mvn package

Posted by Xiangyu Li <yi...@gmail.com>.
I downloaded a source code distribution of spark-2.1.0 and did the install
again, and this time I did not see any warnings. I must have used some
modified code before. Thank you for the help!

--
Sincerely
Xiangyu Li

<yi...@gmail.com>

Re: scalastyle violation on mvn install but not on mvn package

Posted by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>.

Posted by Xiangyu Li <yi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the answer.

wrote:

> The check goal of the scalastyle plugin runs during the "verify" phase,
> which is between "package" and "install"; so running just "package" will
> not run scalastyle:check.
>
> On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 7:45 AM, yiskylee <yi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ./build/mvn -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.4 -Dhadoop.version=2.4.0 -DskipTests clean
>> package
>> works, but
>> ./build/mvn -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.4 -Dhadoop.version=2.4.0 -DskipTests clean
>> install
>> triggers scalastyle violation error.
>>
>> Is the scalastyle check not used on package but only on install? To
>> install,
>> should I turn off "failOnViolation" in the pom?
>>

>> --

Sincerely
Xiangyu Li

<yi...@gmail.com>

Re: scalastyle violation on mvn install but not on mvn package

Posted by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>.