Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Aaron Optimizer Digulla <di...@hepe.com> on 2001/01/31 11:42:30 UTC

Re: [batik-dev] Re: Re: Re: rasterizer != viewer

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 06:06:24AM +0100, Thierry Kormann wrote:

> I have just commited a new version of the ImageTranscoder that contains some bug
> fixes (AOI, viewBox, image's size are now handled correctly). I was able to
> rasterize your document (and other more complicated examples :)

Thanks ! Testing... Yup, this picture works but others still don't but
I think this is a bug here :-) What is the base unit of SVGs ? (ie. how
big is the length "1" ?)

> > Well, that's the difference between a developer and a user: Batik
> > renders my documents OK but I must be able to use it in a Makefile/script.
> > So everything which prevents me to use Batik in a Makefile makes it useless
>
> Fixed. I just add a System.exit in the end of the main.

:-/ In which file ? It still doesn't work here.

> I still have to investigate why the PNG encoder produces lighter image with
> ARGB buffered image compared to a RGB image. At this time, you can solve this
> problem by producing a jpg or overriding the createImage method of the
> PNGTranscoder.

I think JPEG is not a big problem (I can use ImageMagik to convert it).
Is there a way to specify the compression (ie. not to compress at all to
avoid artefacts) ?

And a small note for build.xml: When you run build.sh without options,
it prints a subset of the available options. I find that "build jars"
should be included in that list.

Sowatec AG,       CH-8330 Pfäffikon (ZH)
Witzbergstr. 7,   http://www.sowatec.com
Tel: +41-(0)1-952 55 55
Fax: +41-(0)1-952 55 66
Aaron "Optimizer" Digulla, digulla@sowatec.com

Re: [batik-dev] rasterizer != viewer

Posted by Aaron Optimizer Digulla <di...@hepe.com>.
On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 11:42:30AM +0100, Aaron Optimizer Digulla wrote:

> > > Well, that's the difference between a developer and a user: Batik
> > > renders my documents OK but I must be able to use it in a Makefile/script.
> > > So everything which prevents me to use Batik in a Makefile makes it useless
> >
> > Fixed. I just add a System.exit in the end of the main.
>
> :-/ In which file ? It still doesn't work here.

Now it works. Weird :-/