Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Antonio Broughton <an...@flerwin.net> on 2006/12/20 02:29:23 UTC

Is maven the right tool?

Hi,

We're looking for a method to store a list of our project files, and
metadata about the files.

We want to use the list to check for missing files and delete excess
files in our deployed projects.

Can we use Maven for this, or can anyone suggest something else?

Thanks
Antonio Broughton

Re: Is maven the right tool?

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
If your projects are converted to Maven projects, you could use the verifier
plugin:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-verifier-plugin/usage.html

On 12/19/06, Antonio Broughton <an...@flerwin.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're looking for a method to store a list of our project files, and
> metadata about the files.
>
> We want to use the list to check for missing files and delete excess
> files in our deployed projects.
>
> Can we use Maven for this, or can anyone suggest something else?
>
> Thanks
> Antonio Broughton

Eric Redmond
http://codehaus.org/~eredmond

Re: Is maven the right tool?

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.
A fair point.  I had purely thought of what he was expecting "out of the
box".  What you describe is certainly achieveable and possibly quite
desirable the more I think about it.

Cheers,
Martin.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.