Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Ever <43...@qq.com> on 2019/07/02 03:42:27 UTC

Job tasks are not balance among taskmanagers

Hi, there're 3 taskManager nodes within our testing flink cluster, whose version is 1.8. And each one have 10 taskslots.

Now I have a job with parallelism 3.
I expected the 3 tasks will be located at 3 different taskManagers, just as Example 2 below:

But it came out that all 3 tasks are all located at the same taskmanager.

Why?

Re: Job tasks are not balance among taskmanagers

Posted by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com>.
Hi Ever,

As Haibo noted, that’s a known regression.

If you fall back to the older approach of having multiple TMs per slave, each with one slot, then Flink (as of 1.7/1.8) does a better job of distributing work.

— Ken

> On Jul 1, 2019, at 9:23 PM, Haibo Sun <su...@163.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, Ever
>
> This is a regression wrt the pre Flip-6 code, and the following JIRA dedicated to this issue.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-12122 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-12122>
>
> Best,
> Haibo
>

> At 2019-07-02 11:42:27, "Ever" <43...@qq.com> wrote:
> Hi, there're 3 taskManager nodes within our testing flink cluster, whose version is 1.8. And each one have 10 taskslots.
>
> Now I have a job with parallelism 3.
> I expected the 3 tasks will be located at 3 different taskManagers, just as Example 2 below:
> <DB...@D3C0131B.A3D21A5D.jpg>
>
> But it came out that all 3 tasks are all located at the same taskmanager.
> <35...@0BBE000A.A3D21A5D.jpg>
>
> <26...@99C54575.A3D21A5D.jpg>
>
> Why?

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378
http://www.scaleunlimited.com
Custom big data solutions & training
Flink, Solr, Hadoop, Cascading & Cassandra

Re:Job tasks are not balance among taskmanagers