Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Antoine Solomon <as...@nyc.rr.com> on 2002/09/02 03:07:10 UTC

installing a war file to tomcat-4.0.4

I have a problem installing a simple war file to my webapps directory.
I successfully install the deploy this war file using the

localhost:8080/mamager/install?path=/test&war=jar:file:/test.war!/

and the server tells me that everything is ok.  But when I go and access
my servlet, I get a status 404 on the server mapping.   I know i
archieved my war file properly because when I restart the server I am
able to access my servlet.   What should I do?

Re: installing a war file to tomcat-4.0.4

Posted by Antoine Solomon <as...@nyc.rr.com>.
This is one of the most confusing things about tomcat.   if you deploy a
test.war file using the manager's install function, Why does tomcat
simply create an empty directory using the name of the path?   I can't
get tomcat to see the war file I wish to deploy.  I would have to
restart tomcat in order for it to create a directory that shows the
contents of test.war.  From another users advice I used the reload
command and this provided no solution.   What seems to be the problem?

Posted by Antoine Solomon <as...@nyc.rr.com>.

Posted by garrett smith <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Did you try