Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by devdev <qu...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/08 20:13:07 UTC

Re: ActiveMQ questions

Regarding #1, would you please point me to some instructions or examples?  I
have a 4 appservers running on different computers and I'd like to install
an ActiveMQ on a 5th computer and have the 4 appservers sending/receiving
message from AMQ.

Thanks much

Re: ActiveMQ questions

Posted by easyl <ea...@gmail.com>.
thanks,

But I cannot find activemq.xml
under <Geronimo_HOME>/var/activemq/conf

I would still give it a try..

btw, should the activemq.xml look like this
http://activemq.apache.org/configuring-brokers.html

Re: ActiveMQ questions

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: ActiveMQ questions

Re: ActiveMQ questions

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 10, 2008, at 8:09 PM, devdev wrote:

> Thank you David.  It's great to know I am on the right path.  I
> followed the
> example described here
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/jms-mdb-jms-and-mdb-sample-application.html
> and my deploy files are identical when it comes to the EJB.  Instead
> of the
> using the servlet to put messages in the queue, I use a plain jms
> client
> (just a java class not running inside an app server).  That is the
> only
> difference.  I do use the ActiveMQ RA and replaced tcp://localhost:
> 61616
> with tcp://the5thcomputer:61616 for the url.
>
> However the message consumer (my EJB MessageDrivenBean) does not
> pick up the
> messages posted on the AMQ (on the 5th computer).  I doesn't produce
> any
> error neither and I suppect it's waiting for messages on the local
> AMQ (in
> its appserver) which I didn't disable yet.
>
> I could use a recommendation of a good Geronimo book as well.

Are you sure you're sending messages to the correct destination?

> djencks wrote:
>>

>> On Aug 10, 2008, at 11:16 AM, devdev wrote:
>>

>>> Thank you Kevin for your reply.  I was under the impression I don't
>>> need to
>>> use an embedded broker.
>>
>> That should work fine.  If not it's a bug we'd like to fix.  You
>> should be able to deploy a  amq resource adapter using the geronimo-
>> activemq-ra and without a dependency on activemq-broker.

My instructions weren't using the "embedded broker", merely using the
embedded broker deployment plan as a template for connecting to the
remote broker. The sample application is a better template...

--kevan

Re: ActiveMQ questions

Posted by devdev <qu...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you David.  It's great to know I am on the right path.  I followed the
example described here
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/jms-mdb-jms-and-mdb-sample-application.html
and my deploy files are identical when it comes to the EJB.  Instead of the
using the servlet to put messages in the queue, I use a plain jms client
(just a java class not running inside an app server).  That is the only
difference.  I do use the ActiveMQ RA and replaced tcp://localhost:61616
with tcp://the5thcomputer:61616 for the url.

However the message consumer (my EJB MessageDrivenBean) does not pick up the
messages posted on the AMQ (on the 5th computer).  I doesn't produce any
error neither and I suppect it's waiting for messages on the local AMQ (in
its appserver) which I didn't disable yet.

I could use a recommendation of a good Geronimo book as well.

Regards

Re: ActiveMQ questions

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: ActiveMQ questions