Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/12/29 23:01:12 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache XmlBeans 5.0.3 release (RC2)

The vote has carried with 3 +1s from PMC members.

I will start the process of releasing to maven and will follow up with the distribution and docs.

Aim is to announce on Friday (or maybe Thursday).

On Thursday 23 December 2021, 20:11:04 GMT, PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've prepared artifacts for the release of Apache XmlBeans 5.0.3 (RC2).

The most notable changes in this release are:

* SampleXmlUtil misses root element with only one child
* Duplicated "xmlns" attribute in XmlObject.toString() result
* Upgrade dependencies (javaparser 3.23.1, log4j 2.17.0)

A full list of changes is available in the change log:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/XMLBEANS/versions/12350699

The artifacts are at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/poi/xmlbeans/dev/

You can use this maven URL for your mvn/gradle builds:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging

I haven't updated the "provided" dependencies as those have to be activated anyway explicitly.

Please vote to release the artifacts.

The vote keeps open until 2021-12-29 23:00 UTC.

Planned release announcement date is Friday, 2021-12-31.

Here is my +1

PJ