Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Shane Curcuru <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/17 17:05:26 UTC

Re: No ICLA for some authors in Sun's JAXP 1.3 donation

I don't have a particular opinion on the author tags; it sounds like
we're happy enough with the code at this point.

In terms of voting in new committers, any ASF community - xml-commons
included - would be happy to consider voting in anyone who shows an
active interest in working in the project over a period of time.
Participation on the mailing lists and code patches are the kinds of
things I'd look for.  In general, I would not generally nominate a new
committer myself just because they (and their employer's team of
developers) just donated a chunk of code to an existing community.

- Shane (catching up on old mail...)