Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2003/08/31 04:10:07 UTC

Re: [FTP] Restart method

In message <HK...@voila.fr>, "=?utf-8?Q?hugog
us@voila.fr?=" writes:
>Hello everybody.=0D=0A=0D=0ACould someone give me some examples on how to=
> use the restart method to resume a FTP transfer from a specific offset. =
>=0D=0AEspecially, I don't understand how and when the offset is set when =
>a transfer failed in order to use it to restart the transfer.

I only have a second, so I'll let someone else explain if you don't
find the javadocs sufficient.  However, I wanted to explain that there
is a bug in restart in the 1.0 release that is fixed in CVS.  So
if you were having problems with restart not working as expected,
do a CVS check out of the source and it should work.

daniel